Monday, January 16, 2012

Don't Kill Your Guru


The Master Key System had a positive impact on my life withinless than a fortnight.  But this is justa first step and the journey is a long one before I reach the goal which Iconsider success through this system.  Iam unable to post on a daily basis but I am writing notes in my diary on adaily basis.  These notes have become thesubject of my posts, and though I am posting irregularly I am covering each dayof this journey.

When I started my second week one sentence in The Master KeySystem made me think a lot about the importance of having a guru.  The lines are “Last week I gave you anexercise for the purpose of securing control of the physical body; if you haveaccomplished this you are ready to advance”. If you have accomplished this, you are ready to advance.  Am I ready to advance?…. Have I achieved fullcontrol of the physical body…..?  I thinkonly a guru can answer these questions but unfortunately I do not have one.

I think this is the reason why the self-improvement books I have readcould not help me.  We need a guru totake us though the process evaluating our progress continuously.  Just reading books and trying the exercises isnot enough.    In the beginning of this journey I was awareof this problem of not having a guru who can evaluate my progress.  I have consciously decided to become both theguru and student and try to guide myself through this course. 

In his book on change Mr Clive Simpkins says “Guru is  a Sanskrit word comprising the root Gu(darkness) and Ru (light).  So a Guru isshe or he who leads one from darkness to light. There are many levels of 'guru.' From the truly superficial to thesublime.  From a 'duputy' or 'assistant'teacher (upaguru) to the Satguru, 'true or eternal teacher,' who facilitatesyour journey through spirituality and perhaps even to God-realisation.”

How wonderful it would be to have a true guru to take usthrough this course.  I think only thefortunate will get a true Guru and all the others like us should be satisfiedwith internet gurus, their books, seminars and one-day or one-week workshops payinghuge money.

Restlessness is discontent - and discontent is the firstnecessity of progress.  Show me athoroughly satisfied man and I will show you a failure- Thomas Edison.

No comments:

Post a Comment